Saturday, February 21, 2009

Life Is Like A Game of Frisbee

As many of you know, I have two puppies in my care now, and I take this responsibility very seriously. Puppies, like most young things, go through a phase where they don't like to be told what to do, so I've developed this list of Frisbee Life Lessons, hoping they will come to see these as basic "truths" to live by.

I thought I'd share these with you, my dear readers, knowing that you will see the value in my little Frisbeeisms, perhaps much more clearly than Sydra and Camden.
  1. Keep your eye on the Frisbee
  2. It is much easier to pick up a Frisbee when you are NOT standing on it
  3. It is hard to bark clearly with a Frisbee in one’s mouth.
  4. Spinning in anticipation causes one to lose sight of a flying Frisbee
  5. It’s better to have a spectacular miss than to not try to catch the Frisbee at all.
  6. Some days, when you least expect it, a gust of wind will lift that Frisbee right out of your reach.
  7. Therefore, the quality and style of the “chase” is much more important than the “catch”.
  8. Some days, when you least expect it, a gust of wind will push that Frisbee right into your open mouth.
  9. Hiding a Frisbee means no one can throw it for you.
  10. It’s better to share your Frisbee and have a grand game of chase than to sit on your Frisbee and watch the other dogs play without you.

6 comments:

  1. You are very wide, Odie. Lessons to live by, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks i will do that my aussie is 1yr old next week the only job right now he will now because of the weather is bringing in my rotti who is 7yr old in to the house i would love to play frisbee with my dog right now he plays fetch with ball and plays with the rotti and loves to be chased all the time that aussie is FAST..... gotogo thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two Aussies one lives by her Frisbeeisms the other his Tennis Ballisms. Please come visit our blog at http://www.aroundthewaterbowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good advice handed out here. I shall pass it on.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odie, your are such a wise chaman ! Very good thoughts for food. I will pass it to my nephew Shalom (lab/golden) and Tuki (border colley).

    King Arthur

    ReplyDelete